PORTFOLIO OF ARTWORK
Once you receive an admittance letter from Spalding, you will be contacted to schedule a PORTFOLIO REVIEW with Kentucky School of Art (KSA) faculty.
Applicants must submit a portfolio of 12-20 pieces of recent artwork in one of the following formats: digital images or original work. NOTE: A CD of digital images is required; you may also bring your original portfolio. Portfolios will be evaluated based on originality, composition, craftsmanship, and personal investment of time.
Please make your best effort to include the following in your portfolio:
- Self Portrait – drawing or painting from direct observation
- Outdoor Scene – drawing, painting, photography or multimedia
- Interior Scene – drawing, painting, photography or multimedia
- Imagination Drawing – drawing from imagination or memory
- Still-Life Drawing – drawing from direct observation
- Mixed-Media Collage – employs at least five images and other media in a composition
Other Art Works
…may include photography, sculpture or other art works in any medium completed within the last two years.
Submit a type-written thoughts and observations of your own portfolio, no longer than 100 words.